My sister Carol and I decided to make a last minute trip to Indiana to finish helping mom and dad move from the house they have lived in for 30+ years to their new home over on the Tippecanoe Country Club golf course. They are across the street from the lake but have a lake view of Lake Shafer from the front window. Out their back window, the view is of the golf course. The 6th Tee is right out their back door. My dad has already been collecting golf balls that get lost in their yard. So after 30+ years you can only imagine all that they have accumulated. (my opinion, a lot of junk- but to them, so many treasures.) I'm unpacking and I come across this - a cigar smoking frog driving a car made out of shells! What house is not complete without one of these. It is now proudly displayed on the sofa table b/c "it's so darn cute". I guess some things are just hard to part with!!
Monday, July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Locks of Love
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(81)
-
▼
July
(15)
- Yes, It's a 5 foot dinosaur!
- O-M-G - Can you say Money Cannot Buy You Class!
- Pulse Party
- AWESOME TRIBUTE TO MY GRANDMA
- No Trip to Indiana is Complete Without a Trip to t...
- Last minute trip to Indiana
- You know the saying - you come full circle
- Viola!!! - we finally got the damn chickens
- What a great weekend
- America's Best Places to Live 2008
- Celebuwants!
- I'm in awe . . . of Dara Torres
- What a fun Weekend
- Thrasher's Woods Campground
- Fun weekend
-
▼
July
(15)





1 comment:
Sharon - I LOVE the shell cigarette dog! Thanks for sharing your comments on my blog http://visitamericanaville.blogspot.com/ and sharing your blog and the info about your Dad's Sinclair gas station and the dinos! We are on a hunt now around Minnesota for some more so I'll stick them out on our blog when we find some more! Thanks for sharing with us!!
Post a Comment