Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I'm in awe . . . of Dara Torres


She is my new hero. The 41 year old swimmer will be going to the Olympics for the 5th time - a record. She also set a new U.S. record which gave me goosebumps when I watched it. I have been following her career since she was featured a few months ago on NBC. Watching the swimming trials was so exciting this year. She is my new inspiration - so much so, I have started swimming. I know I'll never compete in the Olympics or even come close to having the body she has but I figured it will be a great workout and something different than the usual elliptical machine (I'm so bored) or walking in the park (sorry CC - right now it's too hot for both of us to walk). My first night in my new swim routine was last night and I completed twelve laps (with resting in between). Man, they make it look so easy on TV but what a great workout I had and no hot flashes!!! I figure if she is 41 and can compete with women half her age, I can swim to get in shape. If I can get half the body of Dara Torres, I will be very happy. We'll see how it goes.



No comments:

Facebook

Sharon Mckinley's Facebook profile