Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Congratulations Kayleigh!


While perusing her myspace page, I came across the picture above with a caption, "An amazing proposal." I'm like, WHAT?? So I immediately called her and she said she wanted to announce it at the graduation party next weekend. I said then you shouldn't have posted it on myspace ;). She laughed and said she was soo happy she couldn't wait! I don't know whether to be happy or depressed as hell. My 18 year old niece engaged, and although I am very happy, I can't help but feel a little depressed that I haven't even been engaged ONCE in my life and I am fast approaching 50. Yes, I had a little pity party for about 2 minutes. I know she's happy but I keep thinking she is way too young to get married. Andrew is a nice guy, and he is in Iraq right now, so we are praying for a safe return. The two are planning a long engagement which makes my brother happy. She has to finish college and he is overseas and these two could grow into two totally different people. She's a smart girl and she has so much life to live but, most definitely wish her all the best if this is what truly makes her happy.
Congratulations Kayleigh!

No comments:

Facebook

Sharon Mckinley's Facebook profile