Quinton Aaron (Big Mike), me, and IronE Singleton (Alton)
Last night I attended the premier of The Blind Side. This is a film I did background work on. If you look really fast, you can see me when "Michael" and "Leigh Anne" are talking outside the NCAA offices. I'm walking across behind them. I had to laugh because being from Indianapolis and knowing where the NCAA offices are, it was funny to see Maggiano's restaurant outside the window of the conference room scene and knowing that it was filmed in Buckhead. I'm sure those not familiar with downtown Indy wouldn't even figure this out. It was so cool to see all my friends in this movie. The other scenes I worked on (although I never saw myself) were where Sandra is picking up SJ and he is talking to Big Mike on the playground; The first day of school when Sandra drops them off at school; the restaurant scene where Big Mike is hugging his brother; and when the principal is telling Big Mike his father passed away. I may have been in some of these scenes but they move so fast it was hard to look for everyone we knew. There was a group of ten of us who all sat together to watch it and we all pointed out everyone we knew in the movie. It was so much fun to be part of such a great movie. I of course cried throughout. It really pulls at your heartstrings. After the movie, Quinton Aaron who played Michael Ohr and IronE Singleton who played Alton (the lead thug) were there for photo ops. I liked standing next to Q because I looked so little. :) Afterwards, a few of us stopped by BluePointe for martinis and said we forget how lucky we are to be able to do something so fun. Now, I can't wait for all the other movies I did to come out.





No comments:
Post a Comment