
I spent the weekend in the country. Okay, so anything "outside the perimeter" to those of us living in the city is considered the country. I met my friend Paula for dinner and wine and great conversation in Kennesaw on Saturday night and spent the night. On Sunday, it was a picture perfect day. Not a cloud in the sky and a beautiful temperature in the low 70's. We went for a walk at one of the parks close by. The fall leaves were in full bloom and a virtual color pallet. Part of the park was closed due to the "re-enactment of the civil war" going on. I had to laugh because I told Paula we don't ever do that in the north :) and the south has a totally different outlook on how the civil war was won. I told her they can re-enact it as many times as they want, the North still won! Anyway, we walked around, enjoyed the weather, tossed the football with her son Vance and then headed back to her house to sit out on the porch and enjoy the day. In the afternoon we headed to Taco Mac to catch the second half of the Miami Dolphins game (Paula is from Miami). It was an exciting game and they won. It was such a great weekend. I love busy weekends.





No comments:
Post a Comment