Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Bedroom redo

After a year living in my apartment, I really haven't been motivated to decorate until last week. Mainly because nothing really inspired me to do anything. Until, my neighbors moved out and asked if I wanted a red leather chair and a lamp they were going to throw out. Being a dumpster diver, I of course said yes. Now, I had inspiration. I have been working on my bedroom. The colors are black and white with splashes of red. So far, I have been to IKEA about 5 times because I always forget to print out my wish list from their website and once you get to IKEA, you become ADD and your mind wonders. So far, the items I have purchased from IKEA are a print of poppies that I will hang over my white antique wrought iron bed, and a white dresser. I already have an antique wood white side table. From Hobby Lobby, I scored a black vase from the clearance items, a black bed tray, and a black fleur de lis candleholder. I'm still trying to find the right white linens and red/black pillows. I can't wait to see the finished product. I'll post pictures when it's all done.


1 comment:

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

Can't wait to see the final project! I do the same thing when I go to Ikea, I'm like a kid in the candy store and of course I always forget my measurements at home!! Score for the free stuff!

Facebook

Sharon Mckinley's Facebook profile