Thursday, August 16, 2007

Someone suggested that I write about my adventures about dating on match.com (I've only been doing it for years) and after receiving a message yesterday from a guy who claimed to be so excited to see me and couldn't wait to meet me, turned mean and vicious with just one email. I had to laugh really. He wanted me to discuss my feelings about love to him. That's all well and good but I just don't do that with someone I have only e-mailed twice and talked on the phone with once for only a few minutes. I just really have to post our e-mail exchange because once you read his first e-mail, and those who know me will be LTAO!! His email is in blue, my response is in red. The part that had me LMAO is in bold. Keep in mind, we have only exchanged two emails and spoke on the phone once for a few minutes.Here are his pictures. As you can see, NONE of three look anything alike and I suspect that he looks more like the one that's far away that you can't see his face.







(Scott wrote) . . . I would like to share an analogy here with you before I bore you too much with my 3am ramblings…I would like to compare true love to planting a tree…in the beginning you plant a seed…the seed becomes a seedling…that seedling is fragile…it has to be nurtured and protected form the elements such as wind, floods, heat, cold, etc…love in it’s early stages also has to be nurtured and protected as there is a certainly fragility to love in it’s beginnings….but as time goes by….love grows and becomes stronger just as the seedling becomes a small tree…the roots deepen to provide anchorage…the branches reach strongly into the heavens…so does love grow stronger, higher, and deeper….ultimately love will be able to weather any storm just as the giant towering Redwoods have loomed over the forest in northern California for centuries…on the converse of this scenario…if love is neglected and not protected then it will certainly wither away…just as millions of seeds never actually make it into becoming a tree….so many relationships fail because people simply do not put the effort forth that is needed…I want you to know that I am 100% willing to put every effort forth to grow the “tree of love”…What are you thoughts on this? . . .

Hugs,Scott

(Sharon wrote)You were up late. Yes, it's still a triple digit heat wave. Hotlanta is living up to its name.I appreciate your honesty and that is great that you feel the way you do but I don't feel comfortable discussing my personal feelings, thoughts or future dreams, plans, etc. with someone I haven't even met yet. I am a very guarded person with my thoughts. Yes, we have a lot of the same philosophies in life but I need to see if there is a spark or connection when we meet and then we can take it from there. Who knows, maybe once you meet me, you'll say, uh, no thanks :) I hate to say it but I am big on looks, attractions, and chemistry which I think most of us are. It's hard to tell from a picture and even though you say I won't be disappointed and maybe I won't, I hope I'm not, I've been doing this for a while and try not to jump ahead too soon - and even though people look good on paper and in their photographs, I don't think you can really tell something about a person until you meet them face to face. You said it best in your profile that most people on match are all BS. I think you can tell more about a person after meeting them, body language, facial expressions, etc. I hope that doesn't sound shallow and it's not meant to be, I'm just trying to be honest. I hope you understand. I do look forward to meeting you. You do seem like a very nice guy which is very rare these days. Do you have any more photographs you could send me? I have attached a few more from Italy - man I miss it. The first one is me being goofy on our gondola. Our gondolier wasn't very friendly. I asked him if he would sing and said no, so then I asked him if he wanted me to sing, he said with a deadpan look, no. No humor at all. These boats were all pimped out, adorned in gold and carpeted, and we kept saying we needed to create an italian show called "pimp my gondola" and then the second one is in Vernazza. The third is my doggie CC (short for Coco Chanel - I know totally a chic name).Have a good day and try not to work too hard packing

(Scott wrote)wrong reply! I'm no longer interested and won't be responding to you anymore...you can keep those "personal thoughts" to yourself then...bye and good luck in your search!

(Sharon wrote)I really am at a loss for words for the tone of this email. I was just trying to be honest and straight forward. I hadn't even met you and only talked to you for a few minutes, how can I possible share thoughts about love, etc. I am being nice, the tone of this email, however, is not. Your true colors come out. If you should change your mind when you get back to ATL, please feel free to contact me and we can meet for a drink.

(Scott wrote)I wont change my mind...im not interested in anyone who is afraid to share there thoughts about love in general...good luck on the site and all that you DO NOT talk about with the other guys...bye

So, there you have it. I love it on match when the guy just thinks he's madley in love with you and then you say one thing that doesn't agree with him and he gets all pissy and mad. I think this e-mail exchange is hilarious. Seriously, who goes around and says love is like the giant towering redwoods in california. Oh, and apparently, he must be really really ugly if he didn't want to send me any more pictures.

I hope I have provided you some laughter for today. Stay tuned, I am sure there is more to come. Trust me, there will be more to come.

1 comment:

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

Have I mentioned how much I love Drew? :) Crazy Sharon!!!

Facebook

Sharon Mckinley's Facebook profile