Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day

I have been putting off writing anything about my weekend trip because I did so much and took so many pictures.

I arrived in Indianapolis about 10:30 Saturday morning, picked up my rental and headed directly to the Purdue/Toledo Football game. I met my brother Max, my niece Kayleigh and her boyfriend Andrew. It was a perfect day. The sun was shining and it was just warm enough to be uncomfortable but the breeze cool enough to make it a perfect fall day for a football game. It was a good game, Purdue was up by 45-21 by the 3rd quarter but it was time for me to leave to change and head to my next destination - Harley and Keri's wedding.

On my way over, I drove down Dehart Street - my first house and where Chris grew up. I stopped to take a picture and reminisce for a little bit. I loved that house and miss it. I heard that it was for sale a few months ago. I'm glad to see that the new owners are taking care of it.

okay - so now over to the wedding. Chris, the groom and groomsmen have been friends ever since high school - and most of them since grade school. These guys are so close and fun to be around. Keri looked beautiful. Everyone welcomed me with open arms and I quickly felt like Chris was back in high school with all his friends being together. I hadn't seen them since high school so it was great to see what fine young (and good looking) young men they have become. I also met Chris' girlfriend, Megan. She is adorable and just crazy about Chris and I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual.


Here are a few of the pics - check out the rest at http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=1331479020/a=1313521020_1313521020/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Harley and Keri cutting the cake

Harley and Chris

Sharon, Chris and Megan


Of course no get together would be complete without a trip to Harry's Chocolate Shop. The drinks at Harry's are guaranteed to knock you on your ass without realizing it. His friends loved buying me shots and I, of course, was all too happy to oblige them. Except the next day I wasn't feeling the best.



And that was just SATURDAY.
Sunday, (hangover and all) I went to the cabin. It was my grandmother's cabin that we had growing up - Lot's of great memories. My sister Cathy and her husband Jeff now own it. I talked my dad into going kayaking with me. We had a great time.

Then everyone else got in on the action - lots of fun that day.

Then Monday - back to Indianapolis and back home to the ATL. It was a good weekend.

1 comment:

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

I love your old house. :( Glad you had fun!

Facebook

Sharon Mckinley's Facebook profile