Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The 80's have been haunting me lately

Maybe it's because I heard stirrup pants are making a come back, or the post my friend made about jean purses, or maybe since I have been taking a voice-over class to brush up and produce an updated demo tape (or an mp3 now), it has had me doing a lot of reminiscing about my radio days back in the 80's.

I remember the first time I heard Annie Lennox and the Eurythmics. I thought, wow, what an incredible artist. I have followed her career all through these years. The song "Why" and "Cold" are probably my all time favorites. Although, when I listen to her best of, there are many other favs. She is such an incredible artist.

(gorgeous necklace)
I get chills everytime I listen to this song


Then, I was searching through youtube and came across Christopher Cross (not the rapper), the real Christopher Cross. His album cover was the first attempt I had as an artist. I'm sure I still have the drawing somewhere. The other memory of Christopher Cross is when I worked in Indianapolis in 1981 and was a hostess for a restaurant at the Hyatt. I was riding down the elevator and the doors opened and a gentlemen entered. We exchanged smiles and stood there, silent. A few floors down, he got off. Then it hit me, that was Christopher Cross and like an idiot, I didn't say a word.

Ahhh, memories



No comments:

Facebook

Sharon Mckinley's Facebook profile