Stephanie, Zoe and Ashtan Augusta
I have found that I love staying at the Sawgrass Marriott in Ponte Vedra. One reason is you get treated like a queen. Whatever you want, they get for you. The service we had during our stay was impeccable.
Ashtan schmoozing the girls at the pool.
We loved hanging out during the day at the Cabana Club with beach access. Stephanie's kids loved playing in the pool. At the hotel outdoor grill, while having our lunch, we were visited by some crazy creatures. An alligator, huge turtles and a crane.
Our first night, we drove to Amelia Island to have dinner. Little did we know they were having a Shrimp festival and most of the regular restaurants, Bretts Waterway - our favorite, was closed. We stumbled upon a restaurant called 29 South. The food was amazing. The one thing that caught our eye about this restaurant was that the food was all purchased from local farmers and everything was organically grown. Expensive, yes, but worth the price. I had a filet over a bed of shrimp. Amazing! To top off the night they had fireworks!
The next day, we drove to St. Augustine, all of ours' favorite little town. We toured the Fort and went to our favorite jewelry shop - Around the World. I love their jewelry because of the unique pieces and rare stones that they sell, like Larimar. I fell in love with Larimar during our trip last year and bought a ring. This year, I bought a pendant and matching earrings. Larimar is a rare stone only found in a specific region of the Dominican Republic. I ended up spending a little too much money in this shop but I have decided it's my yearly purchase of jewelry.
Fort Castillo de San Marcos - the oldest Fort in the Continental U.S.
They did a re-enactment and fired the cannons - pretty cool.
On the way back to the hotel, we went to Caps for dinner on the drive back to Ponte Vedra. It is so packed and popular, they have guys directing traffic. Our view, the food - impeccable. We sat outside, along the waterway, watching sailboats slowing drift by. The kids played in the sand and it was a gorgeous sunset. Again, the food was amazing. I love when you can find fresh seafood.
Gorgeous sunset
Zoe Augusta






No comments:
Post a Comment