We walked up and down Michigan Avenue shopping; we walked along the river; and, we stopped for lunch at McCormick's & Schmick's which has a great view of the river and watched the Memorial Day parade. Chris joked that he felt like he was in the Ferris Bueller movie and if he saw someone in Lederhosen, he may just have to jump on the float and sing Danke Schoen! We looked at all the fabulous architecture of the buildings. So much to see and so little time. A day was not enough time. I have decided to plan a yearly trip to Chicago.
Chris along the Chicago Riverwalk
Chicago Riverwalk
This 25-foot sculpture by J. Steward Johnson is called God Bless America. It is based on one of the most famous American paintings, American Gothic (1930) by Grant Wood, which is in the Art Institute of Chicago. Just one of the many outdoor art sculptures in Chicago. We didn't even make it to all of them. Probably the most famous - The Flamingo in Federal Plaza.
We started out at Marshall Fields (that's what I grew up knowing it as) which is now Macy's on State Street to begin our shopping day. I love this building, both inside and out and I love the clocks on each corner. Inside Macy's is just as architecturally amazing. Every time we would go up or down an escalator, we would get lost and have to ask directions to get to where we wanted to go.

We started out at Marshall Fields (that's what I grew up knowing it as) which is now Macy's on State Street to begin our shopping day. I love this building, both inside and out and I love the clocks on each corner. Inside Macy's is just as architecturally amazing. Every time we would go up or down an escalator, we would get lost and have to ask directions to get to where we wanted to go.
I had a great time spending the day with Christopher and having some mother/son time. It was a very special day!





No comments:
Post a Comment