Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Today is November 4, 2008 - Election day


Today will be a historical event. The election lines were very long and most people waited for hours to vote. I was smart, I waited until about 2:00 p.m. and voted. I didn't have a line and it took me 15 minutes to vote. Hopefully this election will turn this country around and in a new direction. I would be remiss if I didn't post something about today's election. The first African-American (I should be politically correct) is on the ticket as well as the first women vice president on a ticket. Also, McCain is the oldest person running for the presidency. My personal opinion is this country is in the crapper. So Obama couldn't do any worse than the Republicans (i.e. George W. Bush) that has been in office. So I can look back and remember how bad this country was in 2008, the most I paid for gas in Atlanta was $4.89 in October, a few weeks ago, and nearly fainted. It has dropped in the last two weeks to about $2.25. The mortgage crisis is unbelievable, almost 265,968 received foreclosure filings in September, 2008. The congress signed a $700 Billion bailout plan with a whole lot of pork and the government bails out two giants, Freddie Mac and Sallie Mae and we're spending $12 billion a month in Iraq on the war and losing a lot of innocent lives. What makes me mad is when people say you are anti-american b/c you oppose the war. It is my right to voice my opinion. Too many innocent men, women and children are dying. I support my troops 100%. My niece, Kayleigh's fiance is in Iraq and I have many friends' family members are in Iraq. For the troops, I support you whole heartedly but I want the war to end so all the troops can return safely to their loved ones. Also it was only 88 years ago that women earned the right to vote in 1920 - a mere 88 years ago - that's crazy. So, it is with great pride that I can say today, I voted!
I should also put on here the Saturday Night Live spoof of Sarah Palin (John McCain's pick for vice-president for the Republican Party) - it is spot on and so freakin' funny! It was a wrong pick for McCain. I wish he would have picked a more intellegient woman, but he pick "that one"!



No comments:

Facebook

Sharon Mckinley's Facebook profile