It's tough work but somebody's gotta do it - here we are taking a break, waiting for the restaurant scene. This was about 10:00 p.m.
So, I did my second movie as an extra. This film is called The Preacher's Kid starring Essence Atkins and featuring R&B singer Tank, Ella Joyce, Clifton Powell, and Gospel singer Kierra "Kiki" Sheard, and Letoya Luckett. The film is directed by Stan Foster. It takes place in Atlanta about a Preacher's daughter who longs to experience more of life, and strikes out on her own for the very first time and joins a traveling gospel show. However, she soon discovers life on the road is tough but fears going home with nothing to show for herself, or worse, to a father who no longer loves her. The characters were mostly African American - here's the handful of "white folks" who were extras. Most notably for me, is a restaurant scene where I can be seen behind the main character eating dinner with my "date". I pretend to eat and engage in conversation very well! The other scene I am in is the club scene shot at the Opera Club (which is close to the Condo I used to live in) and I doubt that you'll be able to see me as I am not in the main scene, just off to the side, walking down the stairs to the bar and standing at the bar drinking - something I can do quite well! Again, another fun time and some of the same extras I work with on Your Presence Requested were in this film too so it made for another enjoyable work day. Filming was long as we didn't wrap until midnight. I'm not sure of the release date but I will keep you posted. Below is Jock Barrows and me - I worked with Jock on Your Presence Requested as well as this movie.





No comments:
Post a Comment