Monday, March 17, 2008

Well, Well, Well, what an exciting weekend

Living on the 11th floor of a condo building is not the best place to be during a tornado. It was when I saw a huge bolt of lightning hit the crane on the new condo building that they are building right outside my balcony that I decided it was time to head down to the lobby of the building. There were quite a few other people down there as freaked out as I was. Although, the storm was over as quick as we made it down to the lobby. CC was oblivious to everything. She wasn't even scared of the loud thunder. Midtown didn't get hit but the downtown area was hit hard. Looking out our office building this morning, you can see the CNN Center (where we lunch often), Phillips Arena, the Georgia Dome and all the destruction left by the tornado. Here are a few pictures. The first is the CNN Center and the second is a nearby street.




I thought I left all this crazy weather behind when I moved out of Indiana but so far this year, Atlanta has had THREE snowstorms (although not much accumulation) and now a tornado! It's a crazy year!

No comments:

Facebook

Sharon Mckinley's Facebook profile