Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Picture Crazy

My family and I are all picture crazy. My friends make fun of me for carrying my camera with me every where. With the passing of my grandmother last year, we have been going through old photographs. This is a five generation photograph of (back row) Alene (Clerget) McKinley (my mom), Grandma Fern (Thrasher) Clerget; (front row) Great Grandma Gertrude (Conn) Thrasher, Great Great Grandma Leota (Rotruck) Conn holding Diane, my oldest sister.

Second picture is (back row) Grandma Fern (Thrasher) Clerget, Great Grandma Gertrude (Conn) Thrasher; (first row) Great Great Grandmother Christiana Rotruck, Alene (Clerget) McKinley(my mom), and Great Grandma Leota (Rotruck) Conn

As I was going through boxes, unpacking and repacking, I came across my dad's army hat that he gave my son, Christopher, years ago. I also had photographs of him when he was in the army. I put together what I think it is a nice tribute to my dad's army days stationed in Austria. It's a very special picture and I'll pass it down to Chris one day.

No comments:

Facebook

Sharon Mckinley's Facebook profile