Friday, March 6, 2009

Oh Spritzer Girl . . .




The last couple of days have been the most awe inspiring days. I was a featured extra in the movie Get Low with Robert Duvall, Bill Murray, Gerald McRaney, Sissy Spacek and Bill Cobbs. Bill Murray was funny, chatting with us during breaks. At one point I saw him picking up trash and covering up an extension cord with straw so it couldn't be seen in the shot. Then in one scene that I was doing, he came in with the makeup crew and told her who to touch up. Another scene was when Robert Duvall was giving a speech and his performance was unimaginable. He is an unbelievable actor. Despite getting up at 2:00 a.m. for the two days that I worked on the film, freezing temperatures in the morning and warm temps by afternoon, I wouldn't have missed it for anything. Working on a film with such high caliber actors, wardrobe, hair and makeup professionals was an honor and I am so glad I can be a part of it. The one scene where I will probably be most seen is when Sissy's character is listening to Robert Duvall give a speech and she is in tears. Between takes, make-up would come in and touch up our lipstick and makeup and that's when I started to act like a goof (i.e. Janice Dickenson's Orbit gum commercial) and say "Spritzer Girl". It was so much fun and I finally felt like a professional actor. Here are a few photos. For more pictures, feel free to check them out online at http://photos.walmart.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=42199329/a=11292395_11292395/t_=11292395
The wardrobe department was spot on with everything. Julie Weiss had to approve each person before each could leave for set. She had a photographic memory and if you changed one thing, she would call you out on it. She knew her stuff and she is good at it. A lot of the extras didn't like her but I thought she was amazing. The set looked fabulous. I checked IMDB and saw that she also did the costumes for Blades of Glory which were just awesome. She told someone at a fitting that sequence was not a good idea for costumes on ice - sequence and ice don't mix. She has won several Oscars and emmys for her work. Again, I was so impressed by her work. Hair and makeup also did a wonderful job.
This film is going to be good and I can't wait for it to come out. Until then, on to the next project.

No comments:

Facebook

Sharon Mckinley's Facebook profile