Saturday, December 6, 2008

HELLO KITTY!


I have many friends and one great-niece in particular who loves Hello Kitty. I happen to be going to the office today and forgot that today was the Christmas parade. So, I scooted out the front door of the SunTrust Building to take pictures of the Hello Kitty balloon. (and people make fun of me for carrying my camera with me!) It was about 35 degrees this morning. It was so cold. I have to admit, I hate parades. I was a terrible mother growing up, I dreaded taking Chris to parades. We only went to a handful and mostly because either his boy scout troop was in them or he had friends in them. I think I don't care for parades that much because in high school, we always marched in the band in parades. One specific parade sticks out in my memory. We were in Michigan, it was a five mile parade and it was freezing! I think Trudi and I carried the front banner that year. We would do anything to get out of playing the clarinet for Mr. Gorden! So in honor of all those who have ever marched in a band in a parade on a day that was freezing cold, here's picture of one of the bands in Atlanta's parade!

No comments:

Facebook

Sharon Mckinley's Facebook profile