I went to the country last weekend. Well, I call it the country because it was 30 miles outside the city. Now, when I lived in Indiana, driving 30 miles was nothing but now living in Atlanta, no one goes outside the perimeter. It's like a black hole and rarely do I drive OTP (outside the perimter). I often forget that there are people who actually live outside the city. I'm so insulated down here and it is such a different world - a very hip, up-to-date world! I went to visit my co-worker/new friend Paula. Her husband was in Denmark visiting his family and her son was at a friends house for the night. She took me to a bar in the small town. I felt like I was stepping right back in time - 1980's to be more exact. I guess no matter where you are, there are the same people who are at bars. When they started playing the electric slide and line dancing, I nearly fell off my chair laughing. Who does that anymore? We had a lot of laughs looking at everyone in their 80's hairstyle and clothes, and line dancing - to0 much fun! That was my night in the country! I still give her a hard time about my trip to the country! I told her next time, she stays downtown and we go to a real club :)





No comments:
Post a Comment