I'm a little late in posting this but as most of you know I went to Indiana last week for Tim's funeral. It was a lovely service and the party/celebration of Tim's life after the funeral was just as lovely. I hope Tim realized what an impact he made on many people's lives. The viewing line was at least one and one-half hours long and it had been that way all day long. I got to see a lot of classmates that I hadn't seen in many years. Some didn't even recognize me although I don't think I've changed at all. After the viewing I headed to Sublette's Ribs with Gay Lynn Hedges, Kevin, Darlene and Danny Sublette. (Danny, as usual, the ribs were yummy!) I also got to hang out with long-time bestie, Trudi. After the funeral the next day, we dropped Trudi's mom off back at her place and typical Ruthie fashion, she told us not to get into any trouble because when the two of us get together, you never know what will happen. At the party, there were even more high school classmates that I hadn't seen in a while, plenty of Michelob Ultra (here's to you Tim) and in typical Diener fashion, a pie auction to fund the Levi and Luke Scholarship Foundation. There was also a balloon release. It was bittersweet and Tim will be missed by many. He was very much loved and will be missed.

Friday, I went to Indianapolis and hung out with Chris, Nico (THE best and most popular dog in Lafayette), and his roommate and best bud Jesse. I took the guys to lunch at Bazbeaux Pizza in Broad Ripple- truly THE best pizza in the U.S. After spending the day with Chris, I headed to Daena's house and then we met Julie for drinks.
I partied way too much that night and had to drive back to Atlanta with only about three hours sleep but it was so good to see all my besties. I miss my Indiana friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment