Friday, January 25, 2008

The 80's

I've been stuck in this Neil Diamond phase and I don't know why. It must mean I'm getting old. Next thing you know, I'll be booking a ticket to Vegas to see him in concert - uh, no, I don't thinks so! I know Neil wasn't part of the 80's music genre but it got me thinking about my old radio days in the 80's and how that was such a fun time for me - going to concerts, schmoozing backstage with the members of KISS (Gene Simmons is absolutely disgusting), meeting Bryan Adams or going to Cyndi Lauper's birthday party in Nashville. What a fun time and oh so long ago. Who can forget, Laura Branigan's Gloria, or Bon Jovi's Living on a Prayer. Believe it or not, when I was in radio, the number one song that radio stations played in heavy rotation was Foreigner, I Want To Know What Love Is - to this day, I cannot stand that song. It's funny how when you hear an 80's song, you immediately know and think to yourself - ah, that's a song from the 80's. I think the most memorable 80's movie and song is from the 80's brat pack - St. Elmo's Fire. So, enjoy the 80's compilation of music I have put together and take a trip back to the 80's, where big hair was all the rage!

(and for those Neil Diamond fans, I stuck a couple of his songs on there too!)

Facebook

Sharon Mckinley's Facebook profile