Okay, so I have jumped on the "green" bandwagon. I started walking to work a week ago (it's only 1.6 miles one way) and I feel so good. Not only am I saving the environment by not using my car, I'm getting my 3 miles a day walk in all at the same time. It has been kind of liberating walking and not relying on my car. I know it's only one person, but it's one more person not providing billions of profits to the oil companies.
I'm also hooked on fresh, farm grown produce. Here in Atlanta, we are lucky that soon the farmer's market will open at Piedmont park. I never thought I would pay $4 for a carton of eggs but it's amazing how much better they taste. And, my sister in Indiana just emailed me and is on her way to buy chickens to raise and dress and wondered how many I wanted. I only got 3 from her last year and this year I ordered 10. It makes me feel good to know that I am not putting drug enhanced food into my mouth plus, these chickens are delicious - they actually have a taste!
I have also stopped buying individual bottled water. We have had a 5 gallon tank in our condo for quiet some time and, between me and Carol, we go through about 10 1/2 gallons a month. It kills me to think all those plastic bottles just laying in a landfill.
I'm always trying to think of other ways to be more energy efficient and self-reliant but I just can't give up Wal-Mart yet - but I do take my Publix and Kroger cloth bags with me to use and the check-out girls just look at me like I'm crazy.
THINK GREEN :)





2 comments:
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.
Sloan would be so proud of you! Wal-mart does have a lot of products that contribute to helping save the planets, so keep on shopping!
Post a Comment